I sanded it & then painted it purple, because have you met me.
Then I put hinges on. HUGE hinges. They came with the door.
Then I wrestled it into the doorframe in roughly the right position, after which, when I went inside to get my roommate to give me a hand, it fell the hell back out, because it was WINDY AS HELL that day.
I stacked up the worktable & a variety of other objects outside to help hold the door at the right height, because even cut down that far it would’ve taken both me & my roommate to hold it up, & even then it woulda been HARD. & then we wrestled the door BACK into the doorframe.
Then my roommate held it more-or-less in place from the outside while I also held it more-or-less in place on the inside with one hand while fumbling for screws with the other. In the ridiculous wind.
… which was. A LOT of fun. But somehow we actually got it right, which is slightly amazing to me.
There’s a pretty big gap where the hinges go, cos I didn’t cut mortises. so I’m gonna hafta take it back down & do that, but now that there are screw holes, getting it back into the right place will be a LOT easier. Anyway that let me take this cool pic.
In the meantime, it closes (more or less) & opens (sufficiently) & keeps the wind outside (pretty much) & you know, that’ll do.
This was posted originally to, a little over a week ago.
If you want to see these posts sooner, & not incidentally help support me & my cats in our travels & such, the way to do that is tofor as little as a buck a month.
I’d REALLY like that.