I’m getting a lot done now that I don’t have to take breaks to ship out giftmas orders!
ANYWAY I got the back wall halfway painted & only then realized that I hadn’t caulked the gaps. Since some of them look like this, that’s gotta happen.
… so I did a bunch of that. I got all the gaps on the back wall caulked, laid a bead of caulk along the bottom where the boards meet the metal, & filled both of the corners.
I took a break to see if I could cut down the fancy door so that it’ll fit in the front arched doorway. Alas, the recessed parts fall in just the wrong spots. It’ll probably work for the side door, though. Didn’t get any pictures of that part, it was all me staring at a door with a ruler & occasionally cussing.
After that, it was mostly painting. I got most of the piece of plywood that’ll be covering the big back window for now.
I decided that since I have the tarp pulled back on the front & back walls that it would make sense to paint the corners enough that I can put the corner trim over them. I also finished up the front rafters.
I was gonna head in but then I decided I had time to sand the other two gingerbread pieces quick, so I can paint them tomorrow.
Tomorrow, I’ll be putting gingerbread trim on the two front corners! I’ll also (I hope) finish painting the back wall, if the caulk has cured enough, plus I’m gonna paint the last two trim pieces & finish up that plywood.
It’s gonna precipitate Tuesday, so I’ve got to get everything covered back up by then, but I’m hoping I’ll have the back window & maybe even the side door actually … well, not finished, but ‘finished enough for now’.
This was posted originally to, a little over a week ago.
If you want to see these posts sooner, & not incidentally help support me & my cats in our travels & such, the way to do that is tofor as little as a buck a month.
I’d REALLY like that.