But first, the looting.
I went back to the abandoned house today, with the van, & grabbed several things that’ll be useful — mostly in the ‘covering up the holes in the tinker’s wagon’ sort of way. This is gonna be the front door.
Here is a terrible 80s-style window I am NOT going to use but WOW does it bring back memories.
It’s in excellent shape so if you’re working on 80s nostalgia design, poof, here’s a piece for ya.
I also grabbed some of the vented hinged closet door things, which I think might work for window shutters.
Plus a BONUS hunk of plywood that’s big enough to cover that huge front window!
Yes, eventually all the windows will have WINDOWS, but that’s probably not happening until AFTER Estrella & I gotta cover the holes with SOMETHING.
Also there’s been painting!
Two coats on the front wall yesterday, but only one on the rafters today, because it is COLD outside. See also: why I didn’t grab another door from the abandoned house for the side door.
Still looks pretty good though!
Tomorrow, more painting, & I’m gonna see if I can figure out the best way to cut down the door so it fits in the arched doorframe.
This was posted originally to, a little over a week ago.
If you want to see these posts sooner, & not incidentally help support me & my cats in our travels & such, the way to do that is tofor as little as a buck a month.
I’d REALLY like that.