I’m as far as I can get on the front window until the hinges come in, so I moved on to the next bit. Tyrava’s side door gets a bit of leaking going on when it rains, so that’s my next project — or at least part of it, because the weather had opinions too.
I worked outside on the trim when I could, ducked inside when it rained a bit, & wound up getting a BUNCH done.
Got the first piece cut out!
But then I hadda duck inside for a bit. I’ve got this great cabinet I picked up for squat-all at the salvage place, & I wanted to take out part of the back so the wall will show a bit when it’s open. Tom helped survey the scene.
I’d pulled out the tiny nails stuck in the back, but there were LONG staples holding it in place too. Fortunately I have tools, & I’m not afraid to use em.
But even when I pulled out every fastener I could find, the back piece wouldn’t slide out of the slot it was in. I guess it was glued?
So I got cranky & had at with the jigsaw. (I love my jigsaw.) After a bunch of that, interspersed with ducking outside a couple times, this is what I achieved:
I took a bit of a break & thought about being done for the day, but there’s still so much to do … so I went out twice more to get the painting done.
Tomorrow’s my day to plan the week, clear the decks, & generally get things set up for the next week, but I’m gonna take a little time to duck outside & get these in place. It’s gonna look good!
This was posted originally to, a little over a week ago.
If you want to see these posts sooner, & not incidentally help support me & my cats in our travels & such, the way to do that is tofor as little as a buck a month.
I’d REALLY like that.