I woke up this morning with a snuggly Hades. Eventually, though, it was window time.
Up until this morning I was gonna make the window trim (which will also hold the window screen in place) out of the same plywood I used for the corner trim, but I kept going over that part of the process in my head & not liking it. This morning, I cut one small piece from plywood, said ‘bugger this’, & spent half an hour taking apart the workbench I built from pallet wood last summer.
Sometimes it happens like that. I think through the process I’m gonna do, it doesn’t want to settle, & then when I actually start, BING, I know what I need to do. All that pre-processing finally makes sense.
Anyway this meant I needed to cut that schmancy shape out of pallet wood instead of plywood, which was fine, once I got it traced right.
check THAT out
I got that one sanded down nicely & then cut the second one, which was … not as cooperative. But I have glue!
Gonna let that dry overnight, finish cutting it, sand it down, & then paint em both. Hypothetically I should be able to cut all four pieces & fit them together just fine except that I am bad at precision, so I’m gonna put these two in place before I start the side pieces. That way I can adjust on the fly, when my careful measuring comes to naught & nothing quite fits right.
… hey, I know my limitations.
This was posted originally to my Patreon, a little over a week ago.
If you want to see these posts sooner, & not incidentally help support me & my cats in our travels & such, the way to do that is to sign up as one of my Patrons for as little as a buck a month.
I’d REALLY like that.