I didn’t have ANYTHING like time to do stuff with the windows before Estrella, so I left the the housewrap over them & stuck shutters on the outside & left it at that. But now that the front wall is done, it’s window time! & I have no idea what I’m doing
… okay, not entirely true. I’ve been thinking about this for the past year, pretty much. I have some ideas. But I knew I needed a window frame.
Step the first, trim the housewrap.
Including the corners …
… so I can do this with it.
& then have at with the tyvek tape.
This is all being done for the purpose of keeping the water on the outside, at least as much as possible.
Once all that was done I started cutting & sanding boards for the frame itself. I don’t have much in the way of unused pallet wood right now, so I kinda hadda fake it.
But, you know, it works.
Bit of a gap on the outside there, though. Look, I just don’t do precision cuts. Or precision anything, really.
That’s why the gods made caulk.
Next up, trim & window screen!
This was posted originally to, a little over a week ago.
If you want to see these posts sooner, & not incidentally help support me & my cats in our travels & such, the way to do that is tofor as little as a buck a month.
I’d REALLY like that.